A vegan alternative to heavy cream--CASHEW CREAM! It's easy and yummy!
Yield: Approx. 1 1/4 cups
- 3/4 cups cashews
- 1 cup water
- Blend cashews with 2 cups water in a high speed blender (like a Vitamix or Magic Bullet) until white, creamy and smooth. (About 3-4 minutes on a high speed setting).
Tips and Tricks:
- Don't have a high speed blender? Use a regular blender, but soak the cashews in some water for a couple of hours prior to making.
- I've used this cream as a "white pizza" base. After I blended it, I added 2 heads of roasted garlic, a pinch of salt, and then blended it some more. It tasted amazing on a pizza crust with spinach and vegan mozzarella!
- Save the leftover cream and use it as a coffee creamer.
- Add a touch of a sweetener and pour it over some fresh fruit like peaches. YUM!