Carolyn Braden's Professional Resume
"I help people solve problems using my creativity."
Predictive Index Reference Pattern: Creative Analytical
Highly motivated, results-driven Art and Design professional poised to leverage artistic background and concrete experience implementing complex projects and initiatives in support of organizational goals into new art management role.
Related skills and experience include:
· Creative Design: Solid training in multimedia design, photography, and drawing. Skilled in translating subject matter into engaging instructional designs for a range of educational and marketing materials.
· Project Coordination/Leadership: Meticulously organized administrator with experience directing and supporting all aspects of projects from conception through completion.
· Relationship Management: Extensive experience as liaison between multiple internal/external stakeholders as well as project teams. Outstanding active listening and communication abilities.
· Achievements / Strengths: Track record of innovative initiative, strategic analysis, and adaptability as a problem solver and visionary thinker.
CAROLYN'S BLOOMING CREATIONS — Owner
Creative Consultant, 8/2005 to present
Related Skills: Illustrations, Writing, Graphic Design, Reiki, One-on-One Mentorship, Marketing, Social Media Content Creation, Dietary Planning, Event Planning
Helping people solve any problem using creativity.
· Create illustrations for children's books using artistic skills
· Write books, blog posts and social media content about numerous topics, including how to improve well-being, inspiring creativity and children's topics
· Volunteer time to assist local groups with event planning and execution of events
· Practice Reiki energy healing using Master Certification
· Create and execute marketing and business proposals to meet clients needs and expand client base
HUMANA — Louisville, Kentucky
Learning Consultant/Instructional Designer and Facilitator, 7/2014 to 1/2018
Related Skills: Content Management, Curriculum Design, Graphic Design, Instructional Technologies, Relationship Management, Team Mentorship
Design and develop interactive multimedia instruction overseeing all phases of design from research and analysis to execution and delivery.
· Create original and effective digital and multimedia presentations, logos, and eLearning programs through balance of technical and artistic skills in graphic design, illustration, storyboarding, and scripting.
· Facilitate collaboration of team and management to build consensus and optimize program performance though exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
· Strategize cost-saving efficiencies such as design of 45-minute eLearning module series to replace full day in-person training session.
· Develop and implement staff training programs including onboarding procedures of new associates, mentoring through a Job Shadow program with Women’s Network Resource Group, and initiating creation of educational materials for internal volunteer group.
JEFFERSON COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS — Jefferson County, Kentucky
Artistic Programs Coordinator and Teacher/Resource Teacher/Mentor/KTIP Advisor/Coach, 1/2006 to 7/2014
Related Skills: Content Management, Curriculum Design, Student Mentorship, Art Instruction, Grant Proposal Writing, Relationship Management
Advanced through multiple positions within the Jefferson County School District laying foundation for student success and artistic development through implementation of best practices and continued professional development.
· Designed, coordinated, and evaluated artistic instruction to effectively engage and inspire students and customized programs to accommodate diverse learning styles.
· Displayed financial acumen and effective writing and presentation skills overseeing budget management and forecasting, and completion of grant proposals including the Target Foundation and the VSA KY grants.
Education and credentials
University of Louisville, KY -
Master of Arts in Teaching, 2005
University of Louisville, Louisville, KY -
Bachelor of Fine Arts, 2002
Educational Professional Standards Board, Louisville, KY - Kentucky Teaching Certification, 2005
The Intuitive Connection, LLC, Louisville, KY - 1st, 2nd and 3rd Degrees in Usui Reiki, 2017
volunteer, Professional Organizations, and creative
Louisville Ballet Partners, eLearning Guild, Association for Talent Development (ATD),
Cosmetology, Event Planning, Culinary Arts, Interior Design, Web Video Production for social media platforms, Social Media and Public Relations, Published Writer, Character design, Voiceover (including character voices)
Windows 7/10, Macintosh OS X / 9
Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Fireworks, Captivate 8/9, Articulate Storyline 2, Camtasia, Audacity, NearPod), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), LMS (KMX, Cornerstone OnDemand, Moodle), WebEx, Lync, Skype for Business