I LOVE this easy cheesy spicy sauce so much! It's very similar to my Easy Vegan Smoky Cheddar Cheese sauce, with some slight variation. It's got a bit of a kick, but it is oh, so yummy!
- 3/4 Cup Cashews
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 3-4 slices of pickled jalapenos (I used Hatch Organic Nacho Sliced Jalapenos) Add more or less, depending on your level of spicy tolerance.
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- This recipe makes about 8 oz.
- If you don't have a high speed blender (like a Vitamix or a Magic Bullet, my favorites!), then soak the cashews in the almond milk for about 30 minutes before mixing in a regular blender.
- You could also make this in a food processor, but may need to blend a little longer to make it smooth.
- Serve on tacos, as a dipping sauce for fries or chips! YUM!