Vegan Roasted Curry Veggies with Vegan Honey Cashew Sauce
By Carolyn J. Braden
· 1 head of cauliflower, rinsed and chopped in bite size pieces
· 1 bunch of carrots, washed and chopped into bite size pieces
· 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
· ½ of a sweet yellow onion, chopped
· ½ tsp hot curry powder (or regular curry powder)
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· ½ tsp salt
· Dash of pepper
· 1 handful of fresh spinach
Honey Cashew Sauce:
· 1 cup cashews
· ½ cup almond milk
· ½ tsp curry powder
· Dash of ginger powder
· 1 tbsp honey
· ½ tsp salt
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
· Put all prepared veggies (cauliflower, carrots, onions) and chickpeas onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil onto prepped food and then sprinkle with salt, curry powder and pepper.
· Roast for 15 minutes. Toss veggies and then roast for 15 more minutes.
While veggies are roasting:
Put all ingredients for the honey cashew sauce in a high-speed blender* (I like the Magic Bullet). Blend until sauce is smooth. Add some more almond milk if the sauce is too thick.
Serve in a wrap with spinach.
· Place the roasted veggies and chickpeas in a bowl. Top with honey cashew sauce.
· Serve on top of a cooked grain like quinoa or white jasmine rice. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
· Make it a salad! Place veggies and chickpeas on top of extra fresh spinach.
· Add ¼ cup of additional almond milk to the honey cashew sauce to make a dressing.
· Serve the dressing on top of the veggies, chickpeas and spinach.
· If you do not have a high-speed blender, a food processor will work too.
· If you only have a regular blender, soak the cashews for approximately 30 minutes in water and drain before blending.