"You say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one." --John Lennon from the song Imagine.
I have a shirt with John Lennon and the word Imagine on it. I felt drawn to buy and wear it often. After researching him and reading through the beautiful book Memories of John Lennon, I realized that I think a lot like he did. His song Imagine hits my heart every time I hear it.
It makes me happy to know others think like I do. All humans thought this way at some point in their lives (usually when they were children), so what happened to those that abandoned it?
You had a great and wonderful imagination as a child. If you have stepped away from your imagination as an adult, get back to it as soon as possible. Don't allow the "norm" of the world to distract you from doing good things for yourself and others.
5 Ways to Spread More Love and Light
(Little ways to help you work towards getting back to the way you thought as a child).
Listen to the song Imagine for inspiration if you need it: Click here for a video of Imagine featuring John and Yoko (Music starts at 0:41)
- Did you imagine world peace? Do something nice for a stranger like hold a door for them.
- Did you imagine a cleaner environment? Pick up trash you see around your yard and neighborhood. So what if it's "dirty". You can always wash your hands!
- Did you imagine no one would ever be hungry? Donate your time or food to a program like Dare to Care or The Humane Society.
- Did you imagine no one would ever be mean to each other? Say something kind to someone today. It can be as simple as "I like your shirt."
- Did you imagine everyone would love each other no matter what? Say I love you to someone today (and mean it, as it's all about intention).
Imagine better for the world and then act upon it. It's never too late and every little bit counts!
My own "Imagine" inspired poetry:
I've been told to step out of my dream world.
I've been encouraged to think small.
I've been called selfish, heartless, crazy, and naive
but I ignored it all.
I rejected the storm.
I rejected the norm.
I rejected your thinking.
I rejected it because you were sinking.
You may think it's far too late
but that is simply incorrect my friend.
I plan on soaring until the very end.
Won't you join me?